Friday, December 21, 2018

Update on Plans for Inductive Quest


A short post on what I plan to do with Inductive Quest in the future.

I’m sorry for the hiatus from blogging. I just finished my Business Management (HR concentration) Bachelor’s degree program at Golden Gate University, so between school and work, I haven’t had much time or enthusiasm for working on Inductive Quest until now.

Seven years ago, I wrote a post previewing what I wanted to do with the site over the next few months and years (Current Plans for My “Inductive Quest”) . This post will be an update on that post. Here’s what I’d like to do with Inductive Quest for the relatively near future:

1.  Continue inducing the principles of Objectivism. This will take some time and effort, as anyone who’s followed my progress until now can attest to. One way for me to speed this up is to focus more on the principles of the philosophy itself, not what it has to say about other philosophies and stances. So I may save the polemics and negation of counter views for the end, after all of the positive inductions are presented.

2.  William Whewell's "Discoverer's Induction." I actually finished his books on induction earlier this year. Expect posts on this “Discoverer’s Induction” sometime in early 2019!

3.  John Stuart Mill's theory of induction. Expect posts about this later in the year.

4.  Answer past comments. I believe there’s quite a few comments that I haven’t answered in years. I plan on addressing these comments as I create new content for the site. I hope the original posters can wait just a bit longer for a reply.

5.  Recommendations for topics to understand inductively. I want to expand this blog beyond just inductive theories, and beyond the philosophy of Objectivism. There are many issues and topics that we can all learn about by deep diving into the world, other people, and ourselves. My plan is to update the blog at least weekly with a discussion of a book, article, documentary, and/or podcast that digs into a topic in a way that helps the reader/viewer learn inductively from it. Which leads to my next plan:

6.  Rebranding Inductive Quest. Originally, the blog’s subheading was: “A blog about what induction is, what others in the past have said about it, and what I think it is.” Some years ago, I added that it “Also includes posts about Objectivism from an inductive perspective.” I want to expand what this blog is about, and increase the number of topics that I want to practice induction on. I also want to include you all in this quest more than I have in the past. I’d like to hear your comments, recommendations, criticisms, and concerns about this project I started all those years ago. I’m also considering starting a podcast to spread my goals with a wider audience.

If I come up with other or better plans, I’ll definitely make a new post in the future.

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, criticisms, or advice, I’d love to receive the feedback in the comments section. Or just let me know if you’d prefer to communicate through a different format.

No comments:

Post a Comment